|Level:||11 Stage 1|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||1VAA10||SACE credits:||10|
C+ or better in Year 10 Art or Design or evidence of skill level.
Students will have the opportunity to work in a range of 2D and 3D media. Major artworks will be supported by preliminary and preparatory backup and with written analysis and personal comments. Students will develop skills in investigating artists work and their styles from an historical and contemporary perspective. The aim of the course is to:
- conceive, develop and create artworks
- demonstrate individuality, creativity and presentation skills in their artworks
- show evidence of the development of ideas in a visual form
- demonstrate knowledge of artists and their works through investigation, independent research, writing, discussion and visual representations
- describe, analyse and respond to art works in their cultural context
|Visual Study (Theory)||30%.|
Estimated subject fees:
Cost will vary depending on materials required.
Tasks set in both practical and theory will be different in Art A and Art B. Art A is not a pre- requisite for study in Art B. A keen art student can study both Art A and Art B.