Chef’s Basics / Food Technology
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
This course aims to extend skills and knowledge in healthy eating, food preparation, presentation and management acquired in year 8.
- food preparation from the 5 food groups and consideration of dietary guidelines will be a major emphasis
- food chosen will focus nutrition and skills development
- simple meal planning and the use of food related computer programs will be incorporated
- cake making techniques will be taught
- Successful completion of this course will help students succeed at senior secondary food subjects.
Students will be required to pay a fee to help cover consumables used.
Students are requested to use a display folder and lined paper during the semester instead of exercise books.