|Level:||12 Stage 2|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||2CSD20||SACE credits:||20|
C+ or better at Year 10 Child Studies or Chef Applications and a high level of demonstrated literacy. Students not meeting these, can apply to the Home Ec Coordinator for approval to be placed in this course
A full year course.
Focus is on:
- Child development
- Cultural perspectives in child development
- Parenting strategies
- Involvement with young children is required in a Child Care setting.
- Physical and emotional health - protective practices
- Parenting and child care trends and issues including roles of women and men
- The importance of play in development
- Children’s Services and Resources
- Children with special needs
- Involvement with young children 0-8 years is required.
Consists of the following components, weighted as shown:
|Independent Practical Investigations||30%|
|Directed Practical Investigations||30%|
Estimated subject fees:
Students will need to purchase materials and food to supplement practical activities. Cost varies.
It is an advantage for students to have done Yr10 Child Studies and a unit of Stage 1 Food and Hospitality.
Students are requested to use a display folder and lined paper during the semester instead of exercise books.