|Level:||11 Stage 1|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||1VAD10||SACE credits:||10|
C+ or better in Year 10 Art or Design or evidence of skill level.
Students will work with the Design Process to create design works within Communication Design and Environmental Design. Major design pieces will be supported with research, preliminary drawings and concept ideation contained within a Folio. The Visual Study will be an analysis of practitioners/Design eras to further students understanding of Designs place within society.
The aim of the course is to:
- enable students to use imagination and visualization in translating ideas into two or three dimensional forms.
- conceive, develop and create design works
- generate creative and diverse ideas, and evaluate these in relation to design brief or process
- present the designs using appropriate methods, media and skills
- demonstrate knowledge of designers and their works through investigation, writing, discussion and visual representations • describe, analyse and respond to design works in their cultural context
- enable students to use computer generated output to express their concepts
|Visual Study (Theory)||30%.|
Estimated subject fees:
Cost will vary depending on materials required.
Tasks set in both practical and theory will be different in Design A and Design B. Design A is not a pre-requisite for study in Design B. A keen design student can study both Design A and Design B.