|Level:||11 Stage 1|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||1VAA10||SACE credits:||10|
C+ or better in Year 10 Art or Design or evidence of skill level.
This course involves the development of students’ personal drawing and technical skills. Students will experiment with a range of methods, media and surfaces. There will be a focus on observational drawing and creating imaginative and visually strong concepts and compositions. The theory component will include at least one exhibition visit. There will also be an emphasis on researching, criticing and analysing artists’ work especially applicable to their ideas, methods and media. The aim of the course is to:
- conceive, develop and create artworks
- demonstrate individuality, creativity and presentation skills in their artworks
- show evidence of the development of ideas in a visual form
- display technical development of drawing skills
- demonstrate knowledge of artists and their works through investigation, independent research, writing, discussion and visual representations
- describe, analyse and respond to art works in their cultural context
|Visual Study (Theory)||30%.|
Estimated subject fees:
Cost will vary depending on materials required.