Fashion and design
|Year level requirements:||Compulsory|
This course incorporates factors affecting clothing design and the impact of fashion on the individual and the community.
The application of the design process will be a focus in this course.
Students will be required to supply patterns, fabrics and accessories (elastic, trims etc.) for garment construction. A genuine interest in learning garment construction is essential.
Students will complete:
- A simple garment using a commercial pattern and sewing techniques learnt.
- Design and construct a carry-all-bag using the design process
- 2 written summative assignments
- a folio of sampler techniques
- it is an expectation that students will supply all patterns and materials for the articles made in this course. Sampler fabrics will be supplied.
Students are requested to use a display folder and lined paper during the semester instead of exercise books.