Food and hospitality
|Level:||12 Stage 2|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||2FOH20||SACE credits:||20|
C+ or better at Stage 1 Food and Hospitality and a high level of demonstrated literacy. Students not meeting these, can apply to the Home Ec Coordinator for approval to be placed in this course.
A full year course.
Focus is on:
- Safe food handling.
- Food selection, preparation & presentation.
- Food trends and the Food & Hospitality industry.
- Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare.
- Successful management practices.
- Employment in the Food & Hospitality industry.
- Catering will be done individually, in small groups and as a whole class.
Consists of the following components, weighted as shown:
|Independent Practical Investigations||30%|
|Directed Practical Investigations||30%|
Estimated subject fees:
Students will be required to provide ingredients for Summative assignments. Cost varies.
Students are requested to use a display folder and lined paper during the semester instead of exercise books.