Food and hospitality studies (A)
|Level:||11 Stage 1|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||1FOH10||SACE credits:||10|
- There is a high theory component to this course. Successful completion of Yr 9 or Yr 10 Chef’s Applications is recommended.
- General interest in food preparation, service and the hospitality industry.
- Commitment to team work.
- Willingness to use recess and/or lunchtime for food preparation and service as required.
- Readiness to undertake community research in both the local area and city.
A 10-credit course. The emphasis is on:
- team work and enjoyment of small and large scale food preparation
- food preparation and presentation to current commercial standards
- community research related to:
- cuisine trends
- career pathways
- food hygiene
- adapting meals to suit dietary needs
Formative tasks proceed most of the summative assignments. Students will need to demonstrate skills in:
- food preparation/ hygiene practices
- food presentation and service
- effective research methods and writing skills
Estimated subject fees:
Various - Students will be required to provide the majority of ingredients for summative assignments. The school will provide the basics only.
Students are requested to use a display folder and lined paper during the semester instead of exercise books.