Information & Communication Technology
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
This is the first opportunity for students to embrace advanced technology used beyond what other subjects offer. This course will take students through the whole spectrum of computing as a tool to enrich a students learning in a world where quality ICT understanding is essential.
This is a one semester course and can be done in either first or second semester.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Multimedia movie filming / editing / authoring (Podcasting)
- Effective management of data through the use of Databases
- Presentation methods using Webpages and Powerpoint
- Use of related equipment like scanners / digital cameras / video cameras
- Creation of animated computer graphics
- Internet website research / critiquing / authoring
- Use of spreadsheets as a calculation & graphing tool
- Integration of data between various applications
- Introduction to Algorithms and Coding
This course will allow students to progress towards attaining “Vocational Education & Training Certificate I” which all students should achieve by the end of Year 10.
This is a practical course that follows through all aspects of computing
A final integrated task will be completed to give students an opportunity to practice those skills learnt during the semester with a possibility to putting “best practice” work on display.