Information Technology (IT)
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
In a world where all jobs depend on computer systems this course is designed to enrich a students learning in a world where quality ICT understanding is essential whilst introducing them to a wide range of ICT skills that will enhance their work both her at school and as they prepare to enter the workforce.
This course will allow students to attain “Vocational Education & Training IT Certificate I” which all students should achieve by the end of year 10.
It should be noted that it is highly desirable to have completed this course as a minimum for all students intending to do Information Technology in year 11.
This is a one semester course that covers a number of key areas of information technology.
Students will build upon skills in;
- Algorithms and Coding
- Effective management of data through the use of Relational Databases.
- Multimedia movie filming / editing / authoring
- Use of related equipment like scanners / digital cameras / video cameras
- Internet website research / critiquing / authoring
- Use of spreadsheets as a calculation & graphing tool.
This is a practical course that follows through all aspects of computing.
A final intergrated task will be completed to give students an opportunity to practice those skills learnt during the semester by putting ‘best practice’ work on display.