Performance special study
|Level:||12 Stage 2|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||2MBF10||SACE credits:||10|
Full Year of Stage 1 Music
Performance Special Study gives instrumentalists and vocalists the opportunity to address the technical and musical demands of performing approved work(s) in public. Students may perform as a soloist or as a member of a chamber ensemble (one performer per part).
Performance Special Study not only results in musical outcomes but also encourages the development of personal characteristics such as confidence and the ability to communicate sensitively and work cooperatively.
Students who undertake this subject are assumed to have attained a high enough standard of technique and performance to enable them to meet the technical and musical demands of approved work(s), and the analytical skills to enable them to undertake an in-depth study of the work(s).
- Specialisation on one instrument
- Performance assessment of 15-18 minutes of works that are syntactically linked as either a soloist or ensemble member 50%
- Written analysis of works played 20%
- Final performance of all works played throughout the year 30%
- All of the units are single (half year) units.
- Students undertake one or more of the following 10 Credit subjects.
- When studied as a pair of units (ie full year subject) the combination is an acceptable 20-credit subject for aggregate/ATAR.
- Counting Restrictions - No more than 40 credits.