Personal Learning Plan
|Year level requirements:||Compulsory|
|SACE code:||1PLP10||SACE credits:||10|
The Personal Learning Plan (PLP) is a compulsory 10-credit SACE Stage 1 subject undertaken in Year 10.
The PLP helps students to:
- Explore and plan their personal and learning goals for the future.
- Make informed decisions about their personal development, education and training.
- Select subjects, courses, and other learning relevant to pathways through and beyond school.
- Investigate possible career choices and
- Learn about how best to prepare for their career options and goals
Work Experience is a requirement of the PLP at Modbury High School.
Teachers, together with their students, may select from various topics, for example, Communication, Social Living and Responsibility, Personal Development, Work Skills or develop others for study. Topics chosen will help students to:
- Understand the capabilities
- Develop their selected capability or capabilities
- Identify, explore, develop, and reflect on their personal and learning goals.
Students provide evidence of their learning through a set of four or five assessment tasks. This evidence may take a variety of forms, such as:
- Capabilities assignment
- Goal Setting Assignment
- Work Experience Journal
- Goal Setting and/or work Experience Reflection Task
These tasks provide activities that allow students to demonstrate achievement of the SACE capabilities:
- Ethical understanding
- Information and Communication technology
- Critical and creative thinking
- Personal and social
- Intercultural understanding
PLP is a compulsory subject. Students must achieve a C grade or better to complete the subject successfully and gain their SACE.