Physical Education (A)
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
C grade or better at Year 9 level.
Students can choose to complete one semester (either A or B) or a full year (A and B) of PE.
The aims and objectives of each Physical Education Course are:
- To provide scope for skill development
- To develop in students a positive attitude towards themselves and physical activity
- To develop knowledge and understanding about physical activity
- To develop appropriate social skills
Activities in this course include:
- Training and Conditioning
- Group Organisational Games
Students will also work in a group to present a coaching session for the class on a sport of their choice.
There will be a theory component to the course. Topics covered include;
- Skill Development
- Body Systems
- Energy Systems
- Fitness and Performance
Students will be assessed and will need to pass this section of the course.
If a student fails the Theory Component of the course, the maximum grade that can be achieved is a ‘C’ grade.