Scientific studies (B)
|Level:||11 Stage 1|
|Year level requirements:||Non compulsory|
|SACE code:||1ILG10||SACE credits:||10|
C grade in Year 10 Science Advanced or C+ in Year 10 Science Standard.
A 10 credit course (one semester). This course aims to develop students’ scientific knowledge by examining aspects of science in the media, as well as examining science pedagogy within the Year 9 curriculum. Students’ knowledge, concepts and skills will be developed whist working as an individual and collaboratively.
Topics may include:
- Investigating media claims for common products
- Year 9 ‘dull and difficult’ subject development
- How scientists have misrepresented their findings and its impact on society
- Issues in Science
- 2 Practical assessments with collaborative components
- 1 Group Activity with collaborative components
- Individual Project of choice
- 1 Folio and Discussion (based around semesters work)