Modbury High School (South Australian Government School CRICOS Provider Number: 00018A) has a history of achievement in many fields including academic, band musicianship, sports and Pedal Prix. International students can expect the following:
- a focus on academic excellence
- a high quality Teaching and Learning within a rigorous and respectful learning environment
- access to comprehensive National Curriculum enabling students to select a variety of pathways including academic and vocational. (For further information on subjects, please see the MHS Curriculum Handbook).
- access to specialist teachers for the teaching of English/EALD (English as an Additional Language or Dialect)
- a range of extra-curricular activities including sport with a specialisation in basketball, Pedal Prix and leadership opportunities
- excellent landscaped grounds and sporting facilities
- access to ICT resources and facilities
The following personalised support services are available:
- Educational and personal support with the International Programs Coordinator and school’s qualified student counsellors
- Subject specific support
- Individualised career and course counselling to optimise academic achievement
- University and post-school study opportunities
- Integration with local students and supportive home stay accommodation.
Travel from Tea Tree Plaza to Adelaide city in 15 minutes.
The O-Bahn Busway is a guided busway that is part of the bus rapid transit system servicing the northeastern suburbs of Adelaide, South Australia.
The O-Bahn busway provides specially built track, combining elements of both bus and rail systems. Adelaide's track is 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) long and includes three interchanges: Klemzig, Paradise and Tea Tree Plaza Interchange in Modbury.
Interchanges allow buses to enter and exit the busway and to continue on suburban routes, avoiding the need for passengers to transfer to another bus to continue their journey.
Buses travel at a maximum speed of 100 km/h (60 mph) and Travel from Tea Tree Plaza to Adelaide city in 15 minutes.
The Tea Tree Plaza interchange is a short walk from Modbury High School.