Our Library is a learning hub for staff and students.
Our welcoming, relaxed space aims to facilitate teaching and learning outcomes through ensuring intellectual and physical access to print and digital resources.
Our fiction and non-fiction resources (in a wide range of formats) support the curriculum and some recreational activities.
Students and staff have access to such resources as online databases, e-books and digital videos.
The Library enables students to:
- develop as independent learners
- be confident using a variety of resources and tool (including information technology)
- value reading and learning as a lifelong pursuit
- build on their information literacy skills.
The program in the Library:
- incorporates literature talks to inspire a love of reading
- is focussed on cooperatively planned inquiry based units of work; and
- links with information literacy skill development, the information search process and student learning outcomes.
Online access to resources
Resources held in the Library are listed on the Library Catalogue. At this stage the Library Catalogue can only be accessed on the school site.
Library OPAC (on site access only)
The Library Blog and associated resource pages can be accessed at school and also outside the school.
Resource pages include:
- Search strategies
- Research skills
- Research and creation tools
- Referencing and citation online tool
- Book news
- Inquiry Pathfinders
- Digital resources
Library Twitter @ MHS4Library
Library Opening Hours
The Library is open from 8.15am until 4.00pm on school days.
At lunchtimes there is access to games, the Makerspace and other recreational activities.
The Great Schools Library Campaign shows the school library is a valuable asset when staffed by qualified library staff.