The Personal Learning Plan (PLP) is a compulsory 10-credit SACE Stage 1 subject undertaken in Year 10.
The PLP helps students to:
- Explore and plan their personal and learning goals for the future.
- Make informed decisions about their personal development, education and training.
- Select subjects, courses, and other learning relevant to pathways through and beyond school.
- Investigate possible career choices and
- Learn about how best to prepare for their career options and goals.
Teachers, together with their students, may select from various topics, for example:
- Social Living and Responsibility
- Personal Development
- Work Skills
- develop other topics for study.
Topics chosen will help students to:
- Understand the capabilities
- Develop their selected capability or capabilities
- Identify, explore, develop, and reflect on their personal and learning goals.
Work Experience is a requirement of the PLP at Modbury High School.